WELCOME TO MUNKHOLMEN
Munkholmen is a popular recreation area for the city's population and visitors alike.
We get many questions, and here we have gathered some of the most common questions we usually get.
Questions and answers
- MUST I BUY ADDITIONAL TICKETS ON MUNKHOLMEN FOR THE RETURN TO TRONDHEIM?
The fares by boat to Munkholmen is round-trip.
- WHERE TO BUY TICKETS TO MUNKHOLMEN?
You can buy tickets for both harbor sightseeing and boat to Munkholmen in advance at the ticket booth in Ravnkloa or easily online via Tikkio.com.
- CAN I PAY WITH CREDIT CARD OR CASH?
We accept both cards, cash and payment online via our ticket solution Tikkio.com.
- IS THERE ROOM FOR PRAMS ABOARD?
It's nice space for prams aboard.
- MY FATHER IN LAW IS SITTING IN A WHEELCHAIR AND WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THE TRIP TO MUNKHOLMEN.
It is accessible and accommodate wheelchairs on board. We are happy to help upon embarkation. It may be subject due to weather conditions. Please contact us in advance.
- DO WE HAVE TO RETURN TO A PARTICULAR TIME?
You may want to be on Munkholmen all day, but you must be at the last vessel back to town.
- CAN WE STAY IN TENT ON MUNKHOLMEN?
No, any kind of accommodation in Munkholmen is not allowed.
- WE WANT TO GO ON THEATRE ON MUNKHOLMEN. IS THE BOAT RIDE INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF THE THEATRE TICKET?
If you are going on to a theatre at Munkholmen you must buy a ticket for the boat ride as well as the theater ticket.
- WE HAVE OUR DOG WITH US IN TRONDHEIM. IS THERE ALLOWED TO HAVE THE DOG WITH US TO MUNKHOLMEN?
You can of course bring the dog to Munkholmen. Dog goes free on board. Remember to take regular attention to other people and to the nature.
- CAN WE BUY FOOD AND DRINK ON MUNKHOLMEN?
You can buy food, softdrinks, coffee and cakes in the café at Munkholmen. You can also purchase alcohol, like wine and beer.